Survivor in the Desert
To learn about geography through the study of relationships among people, places, and environments..
By the end of fourth grade students will understand the geography of the world through the study of people and the places they live, work, and play. Geographical information assists students in their understanding of cultural, economic, social, and governmental impact on life around the world.
You are now a member of a specific desert group. Your group is expected to
use a map to find your homeland desert and set up a community in the best place
to live off the land.
At the end of this unit the students will:
· Locate continents on a world map
· Locate deserts within a continent
· List climate and land formations in a given desert
· Research and design a shelter specific to desert group
· Locate water sources on a regional map
· Research and identify food and clothing specific to desert group
[Back to Homepage]